We’ve all been there; caught up in online browsing, sucked into the black hole of social media, multitasking between tasks and end up getting nothing done. Below are a few tips to help you stay focussed on your goals and get your tasks and them some accomplished.
- As difficult as it may be, it is necessary to focus on one single task as opposed to a variety of tasks all at once. Multi tasking was once known as a skill allowing some to get more done in less time. It just so happens that this is not the case. In order to complete a task effectively and efficiently one must limit all distractions, focus and make the one task priority.
- Close those tabs. Limit your computer tabs to those necessary for the project at hand. Having more windows or tabs open will only set your self up for failure. A quick check of the email or a quick scroll through a Facebook news feed does not equal productivity.
- Practice Wellness. If you are tired, too full, or lacking water you may not be as productive as you could be. Ensuring you get enough sleep, eating light lunches or a few small snacks throughout the day, and staying hydrated are all steps that will lead you to a more productive day.
- To Do Lists. Prioritize your day before you get started. List your top ten tasks and get to it. A to do list that is too long may appear overwhelming and be a distraction in and of itself. Take a look at that list and delegate those items that you can easily cross off your list.
- Stay Organized. When your work place and or work life does not feel structured of organized it can easily create distractions. Keep your work place and work life orderly to limit distractions.
Use these tips in your daily routine to help you stay on track. Limit your distraction to enhance and maintain productivity, you’ll be surprised at how much more you can get done.