I recently had the privilege of accompanying my business best friend on a week long get-away where she was the Yoga Instructor. Well, of course I was going to use this opportunity to focus on wellness myself. I committed to taking her twice a day yoga sessions and in just one week I noticed many positive benefits.
Here are some of the things that yoga helped me to accomplish on my week away:
- My body is more relaxed. Usually one to wake up with neck and shoulder pain, I can now jump out of bed in the morning with no grunting and groaning.
- Increased flexibility. I could barely touch my toes before yoga. I can now bend, twist, and stretch in ways that I never thought I would.
- Calmer mind. Through yoga I was able to clear my overactive mind and give better focus to things such as work, health, relationships and sleep.
- Speaking of sleep, I’ve never slept so well—ever!
- Mindful eating. When you start your day taking care of your body there is a subconscious commitment to better choices. Healthy decisions breed more healthy decisions.
- Happiness! I don’t know how, but I am suddenly happier than I have ever been and those who know me know that I am a pretty happy person to begin with.
- Creativity. With a clear mind comes better ideas. As an ideas gal for two companies, this is very rewarding.
- Effective coping. Stress happens, it’s inevitable. How I deal with it has changed since yoga. I can keep my composure in any situation.
- Better parenting. I have an outlet for stress, aches and pains. This has made room for some more patience.
- My clothes fit better. This was a great side effect of yoga. Healthy choices come with healthy benefits.
Again, I have no idea what the question is but try yoga; it’s a great answer!