I recently had the privilege of accompanying my business best friend on a week long get-away where she was the Yoga Instructor. Well, of course I was going to use this opportunity to focus on wellness myself. I committed to taking her twice a day yoga sessions and in just one week I noticed many positive benefits.
Here are some of the things that yoga helped me to accomplish on my week away:
- My body is more relaxed. Usually one to wake up with neck and shoulder pain, I can now jump out of bed in the morning with no grunting and groaning.
- Increased flexibility. I could barely touch my toes before yoga. I can now bend, twist, and stretch in ways that I never thought I would.
- Calmer mind. Through yoga I was able to clear my overactive mind and give better focus to things such as work, health, relationships and sleep.
- Speaking of sleep, I’ve never slept so well—ever!
- Mindful eating. When you start your day taking care of your body there is a subconscious commitment to better choices. Healthy decisions breed more healthy decisions.
- Happiness! I don’t know how, but I am suddenly happier than I have ever been and those who know me know that I am a pretty happy person to begin with.
- Creativity. With a clear mind comes better ideas. As an ideas gal for two companies, this is very rewarding.
- Effective coping. Stress happens, it’s inevitable. How I deal with it has changed since yoga. I can keep my composure in any situation.
- Better parenting. I have an outlet for stress, aches and pains. This has made room for some more patience.
- My clothes fit better. This was a great side effect of yoga. Healthy choices come with healthy benefits.
Again, I have no idea what the question is but try yoga; it’s a great answer!
3 thoughts on “I Don’t Know What the Question Is but Yoga Is the Answer”
I could not agree more ! Everyone should try it out and the world would become a much peaceful place. And thanks to all the different types there is the right style for everyone no matter who sporty, flexible or old you are!
WOW!! I’m so happy that you’ve found yoga and have been able to articulate it so beautifully in this blog. I’m sure you will inspire others to trust this process. I’m honored to have been a witness to your transformation.
You have inspired me!! I know that yoga is the answer bit I struggle with making it a priority in my life. This has renewed my determination to make it part of my day. Thank you Sheri!!