There’s this notion that every company has a face. There’s someone that represents the company and they ultimately lead the vision and the culture of everyone who is striving to help your product succeed. With regards to StaffStat, that pleasure has been mine! If you haven’t yet heard, StaffStat is software that is breaking ground in the world of healthcare. Our software is brilliant, we love it and YES, we’re growing! We’ve recently moved and we’re nearing the 2 year mark of our company’s existence. That said, I thought that there would be no better time to introduce the faces of and behind StaffStat, Inc.
Sheri Tomchick, Founder: Behind every brilliant idea is a brilliant mind. No one has impacted more people in the small business community in Sudbury, Ontario like Sheri Tomchick. No one has taught me more about staying true to you, staying true to your vision and embracing your ideas like Sheri Tomchick. Here’s what I know to be true about the brilliant mind behind StaffStat:
- She has an infectious humour and positive attitude. She radiates ‘happy’ and can invigorate a team like no one I’ve ever met. When she’s out and about, people want to hear what she has to say. She’s an expert networker and someone I aim to emulate at every turn!
- She is intelligent. I can’t think of a single person whose mind races with genuinely great ideas like Sheri’s. She is always generating new and better ways to do things and her creativity is something I admire 100%.
- She is a ‘do’er. She’s a big believer in getting things done. Not only does she come up with solutions, she makes things happen. She’s a mover and a shaker and I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone with passion and drive like this fearless leader.
- She is a cheerleader. Humble in voicing her contribution, she continuously allows others to shine. She is liberal with genuine compliments and she is consistent with praise.
- She is an amazing leader. I’m not the only one who thinks so… she’s the winner of two Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. She’s led two companies to huge success and knowing her the way I do, there’s plenty more where that came from.
- She is an inspiration to women entrepreneurs. She inspires everyone around her and she is sought out for her guidance because she oozes charisma.
Mandy Gauthier, Solution Sales Specialist: We all know that one person who surprises you at every turn. I’ve had the pleasure of working with Mandy for over 10 years. She started with our sister company, Plan A in 2014 and she’s been growing and pushing herself ever since. Others see a sweet individual who’s capable and who understands and exudes customer service beyond anyone they know. Here’s what I see:
- She is fearless. Give this girl a challenge and she runs with it. Tell her to do something she’s never done and she independently proves that she can. She is fierce and while she keeps her ‘tigress’ at bay in her interactions, she is one of the most strong-minded people I know!
- She is determined. Taking on a sales role in the month of June, she’s jumped in and consistently craves success. She is persistent and she is eager. Watching her in action is a joy. She makes me proud every single day!
- She is kind. It’s no wonder that people are drawn to her. When she works a room, she’s unafraid to introduce herself and those she meets want to know more because she’s always open. She listens and she’s genuine, a killer combo!
- She pushes herself on a daily basis. Whether she sees it or not, she exudes that whole “live outside of your comfort zone” thing. If there’s a problem, she picks up the phone. If she needs to speak publicly, she joins Toastmasters and not only attends but gives speeches regularly.
- She gets people and office culture. Mandy can talk to absolutely anyone. She is a relationship expert and when she’s speaking to someone, she’s 100% genuine, all of the time.
Tessa Anderson, Solution Sales Specialist: Wise beyond her years… that’s how I choose to start this description. This 23 year old joined the A Team in early 2015 as a Cambrian College HR student. She spent 8 weeks proving herself and completed a one year internship. She was quickly moved into the role of Lead Recruiter and there was no doubt that she would be an asset and a superstar at StaffStat. In July, we moved her over and she’s already making waves! Here’s what I’ve come to know:
- Tessa is ‘integrity’ incarnate. She is all about doing the right thing…always. She doesn’t feel there’s a grey shaded area where honesty is concerned. You tell it like it is and you deal with whatever may come.
- Her energy is infectious and she wears her heart on her sleeve. Her passion shines through regardless of the situation. If she’s excited, the entire team feels the excitement. I’ve never known anyone who laughs and makes me laugh the way she does! She feels with every fibre of her being and this translates to positivity and good vibes all around.
- She’s savvy and smart. I remember Sheri saying on a couple of occasions that Tessa’s restored her faith in the younger generation. She’s a shining example of someone who’s grown up with technology and gets it but at the same time understands the concept of relationships.
- She is goal oriented. As the youngest on our team, it would be easy for her to ‘go with the flow’. Not for Tessa. She has high expectations, not only from those around her but mostly, from herself. She meets challenges head on and knows what she wants. What’s more, she strives in every way to get it.
Megan Patrakka, Marketing Manager: With a background in Marketing and HR, Megan joined StaffStat as a student and we moved her straight into an internship following her placement. Ask anyone in our office and you’ll hear the following: She’s brilliant, she’s amazing and she’s the mind behind our social media success. Ask her to whip something up and she finds a way to pluck what’s in your mind and create the perfect image or infographic. What I’ve had the pleasure of learning about Megan so far:
- She’s creative. It’s a given that the individual with the title “Marketing Manager” has to be creative. However, there’s a certain quality to Megan’s creativity that sets her above the rest. Everything she puts together is streamlined, clean and effective. She ‘wows’ me all the time and I always look forward to opening attachments she sends my way for approval.
- She’s open to ideas. It’s easy to take comments and suggestions personally, especially when they’re related to your personal creations. This young lady takes every piece of advice and runs with it. She comes back with something better than the original and her hard work is always evident in every single thing she puts together.
- She’s quiet but one of the funniest people I know. You know that person? The one who tends to keep to themselves but when they speak up, everyone listens and inevitably laughs because they’re so quick… that’s Megan! Unassumingly funny without trying is not something that just anyone can pull off. She does it frequently and flawlessly!
- She is trustworthy and flexible. Megan’s been in a position allowing her to work remotely on a frequent basis. I’ve never doubted her commitment to her work despite the fact that I can’t monitor her every movement. I know and trust that she’s doing what she needs to when she’s away. The work she returns always proves that she’s hard at work and allowing her to work in an environment that works for her has brought the biggest return on investment we could have imagined.
At the end of the day, I know that StaffStat is blessed to have passionate and charismatic people who believe in what we’re doing! We’re bringing a solution to a sector that needs it and with the qualities that make up our team, how can we fail? I never worry about our customers because I know whose hands I’ve left them in. I never have to worry about the quality of customer service or the quality of work being performed. We’ve got superstars on our team and I’m grateful every day not only for the brilliance of the product but for the people who stand behind it.