At Plan A, we’re always striving to do whatever we can to ensure that we’re providing the #BestJobEver for our PSWs and Nurses. Check out our “Ask an A Teamer” series where we asked our pool of health care professionals a few questions to learn more about them personally and their thoughts on being a part of The A Team!
Kelly Kim Johnson Julien, PSW, Plan A Timmins
- What is the most rewarding part about being a PSW for Plan A? The opportunity to interact with your employer at any given time. You are not directed to just “someone” or “anyone”. You talk with your “boss” immediately, with no middle person. It’s more of a small organization and not the big employers that don’t even know your name.
- Tell us about your story, what made you want to pursue a career in health care? This is quite simple to answer. I love to help. I love the elderly. This career is a perfect fit!
- What are some qualities that you think are must-haves for a Plan A PSW? Compassion, love, friendliness, reliability, trustworthiness, caring, quirky, funny, understanding, patience.
- What have you invested in with the extra money you have made with Plan A? I use the extra money I make from Plan A for house renovations and I give to the less fortunate in my community. Whether it’s a meal or clothing, I wouldn’t be able to do so much without this extra money.
- What were you most happy about attending because you were able to create your own schedule? Visiting my daughter while she is away at university.
Kelechi Waugh, PSW, Plan A Timmins
- What do you feel is unique about Plan A? I feel the overall atmosphere is unique with Plan A. As a parent, being able to choose when I want to work is awesome!
- What is the most rewarding part about being a PSW for Plan A? Working as a PSW for Plan A is incredibly rewarding. We go in and fill in shifts ensuring that the residents receive the quality of care that they deserve, Putting smiles on the residents’ faces makes me happy and proud.
- What were you most happy about attending because you were able to create your own schedule? I was able to attend many dance practices for my daughter.
- What have you invested in with the extra money you have made with Plan A? I was able to pay off my OSAP!
- Tell us about your story, what made you want to pursue a career in health care? I am a compassionate and caring person by nature. So, I decided to pursue a career in PSW and further into PN program in order to get the proper training to carry out my duties safely.
Jocelyn Bisaillon, PSW, Plan A Algoma
- What do you feel is unique about Plan A? The most unique thing about Plan A is definitely choosing my own hours and picking up shifts when I am able to work.
- If you could give one piece of advice to a new A-Teamer what would that be? You are really going to enjoy working for Plan A because every shift is different and exciting.
- How do you feel about the level of support offered by your Plan A Office? I feel very supported! If you need assistance they are only a call away and always pick up the phone!
- Tell us about your story, what made you want to pursue a career in health care? I have been doing PSW work for 10 years now and it all started with my mother who is a PSW and she encouraged me to become one, too.
Interested in joining The A Team? Apply now: http://www.jointheateam.com