Many people claim that laughter is the best medicine, but did you know there’s actually truth in this? Here are 6 facts proving that laughter really is the best medicine:
- Laughter decreases your blood pressure and can even reduce pain temporarily!
- Laughing releases endorphins, your body’s natural feel good chemicals, which promote a sense of well-being!
- Laughing counts as exercise! It takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile!
- 15 minutes of laughter a day burns about 40 calories! This means that if you laugh every day for 15 minutes you can lose about 4 pounds just from laughing!
- Your brain can’t tell the difference between real or fake laughter! So even if you fake it until you make it, you’ll still reap the benefits!
- Smiling and laughter is contagious which means not only is it medicine to yourself, but it’s also medicine to everyone around you! Try it out! Share a laugh with a co-worker, smile at a stranger or even tell a joke to one of your patients today and share that feel-good energy! You have the power to brighten up someone’s day!
Leave us a comment below letting us know what’s one thing that never fails to make you laugh!