While we all work to reduce the spread of COVID-19 by practicing social distancing, we recognize the importance of self-care during this time. Make your mental health a priority by implementing these tips into your daily life:
1. Stay informed by gathering information only from credible sources such as local and provincial health agencies and trusted news outlets.
2. Try to maintain a routine that reflects your normal daily routine.
3. Exercise and stretch daily to help reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
4. Eat healthy meals to help strengthen your immune system.
5. Fill your free time with tasks that bring you joy. Consider learning a new hobby, or direct your energy towards a creative outlet.
6. Stay connected with your friends and loved ones. Send a text message, video chat, or call someone regularly.
7. Express your feelings by journaling or talking with someone you trust. Access additional support and resources through the Canadian Mental Health Association. (www.cmha.ca)